Saturday, October 16, 2004

A man's faith

Wednesday's debate was a lot of fun to watch. John Kerry believes abortion is morally wrong.

Bob Schieffer asked (Catholic) John Kerry to respond - regarding supporting a candidate who supports abortion on demand and unlimited stem cell research. Kerry defended his Catholic belief, thus: "I believe that I can't legislate or transfer to another American citizen my article of faith." But then said:

"And I think that everything you do in public life has to be guided by your faith, affected by your faith, but without transferring it in any official way to other people."

"That's why I fight against poverty. That's why I fight to clean up the environment and protect this earth."

"That's why I fight for equality and justice. All of those things come out of that fundamental teaching and belief of faith."

I discovered that fighting poverty, protecting the environment, promoting equality --are all derived from Kerry's faith.

Why doesn't this same faith require a man to oppose abortion and killing embryos for medical research?

No comments: