Sunday, November 01, 2009

Divergent effects of sin and grace

I went on my contemplative walk as I am wont to do in the afternoon. I sighed and blurted out, "Why is there so much evil in the world."

But instinctively I immediately caught myself with the reply that there is so much more good in the world. I knew this was so. I know this to be a fact; I know it to be so scientifically, and I know it to be so spiritually. I was simply venting inside.

I mean, look at the obvious things that show this to be so: all of the equilibrium that is maintained in the world through the laws of nature. And in the spiritual realm; as a missionary I know first-hand that there are more good people in the world than there are evil ones. I find this to be an empirical truth.

/geo_naturalexponent™

No comments: