Sunday, December 31, 2006

Somewhere in the future


The colorful prophet, Kim Clement, was in the house tonight (Jubilee Christian Center) on the last day of A.D. 2006.

It was appropriate that with the passing into eternity of 3 world famous people just days ago, Godfather of Soul James Brown, President Gerald Ford, and Iraq’s Saddam Hussein, Prophet Clement and singers Miranda and Brittany sung and declared this continual refrain: “I’m somewhere in the future and I look much better than I look right now; I’m somewhere in the future and I look much better than I look right now…”

Is that telling or what?

The future will reveal whether that is true for each of us. But Clement is no lightweight; this refrain could be understood as a means of building our faith. Yes, it can be understood as a statement of faith, i.e., prophesy to things, and that when one prophesies things are brought to life: ”I’m somewhere in the future and I look much better than I look right now.”

That is why Clement could also declare, I have a reason to celebrate!

One of the more unusual prophecies given tonight was that the day of United Nations disarray is over. Another welcomed prophecy was that rap was going to be used by the black community to glorify God –I believe the implication was regarding the major players in the American rap culture. (In the morning service, a prophecy was declared that Ted Haggard would one day minister to the homosexual community.)

We’ll have to see what unfolds.

Finally, this evening the prophet encouraged us to welcome the appearance of God in our lives for our shortcomings in 2006:
“I am welcoming You to forgive.”
“I am welcoming You to restore.”
“I am welcoming You to provide.”

If the Lord tarries, 2007 will indeed reveal a little bit more of each of our futures.

~

No comments: